Our first must read digital marketing story of the week comes from Wharton where new research into how consumers make decisions finds that creating a personal connection with your product based on the time consumers spent with it has a stronger effect in their minds.
From the article:
"Consumers think more positively about the product because, with time spent, one becomes more engaged with [it] — [the product] must say something about you. Spending money is less personally connecting." "By simply directing people’s attention to time, rather than money, you can actually make people make happier decisions."
- Time vs. Money: Analyzing Which One Rules Consumer Choices (Wharton)
- STUDY: Time Spent on Social Networks Has Tripled (Mashable)
- The Top Six Reasons Companies are Still Scared of Social Media (What’s Next Blog)
- 10 Examples of Creative Twitter Uses
- Google Sidewiki Allows Anyone To Comment About Any Site (Search Engine Land)
- 10 practical tips for Facebook fan pages (iMedia Connection)